The information and communication technologies (ICT) sector has become a significant part of the Turkish economy, as it directly or indirectly influences both the changing world of business and the social sphere. There is a consensus in Turkey that this sector will become much more important in the future than it is today.
The foundation of information and communication technology is to enable today's business and social life to find the most up-to-date and efficient solutions to drive technology development ever further. In view of this, interest in the ICT sector has continued to increase in Turkey, and research has begun to enable the country to actively participate in the sector in the future. This is reflected above all in the new initiatives and the R & D law for investors.
• As the young population has increased and the online market has expanded, the number of mobile phone users increased to 75 in 2016.
• IT spending on hardware, software, IT and telecommunications services in Turkey is expected to increase to $ 35 billion by 2018.
• ICT spending is expected to rise faster in Turkey than the global average. Due to its large domestic market and the considerable potential of its ICT industry, the industry is expected to grow at an annual average growth rate of 7.4 percent between 2012 and 2017.
• 76.3 percent of households in Turkey have Internet access.
• The share of Internet users in Turkey is around 61.2 percent and is likely to reach over 65 percent in 2018.
The ambitious Turkish vision for 2023, the 100th anniversary of the founding of the Republic, also includes far-reaching goals for the ICT sector in Turkey. This includes:
• Reach at least 30 million broadband subscribers
• Provide 14 million households with an Internet connection at a speed of 1000 Mbps
• Increasing the share of GDP in the ICT sector from the current 2.9 percent to 8 percent
• Become one of the top 10 countries in the e-transformation
• 80 percent of the population should be familiar with computers
• Technology Development Zones (TDZs) increase to 5,500, employees to 65,000, and exports to $ 10 billion
• Increase the size of the ICT industry to $ 160 billion, with market growth of around 15 percent a year.
• Increase R & D expenditure to 3 percent of GDP compared to 1 percent at present.
COUNTRY, CITY, REGIONS
▸ Company Locations and Countries
Turkey - Istanbul
1. Region Mediterranean Region 2. Eastern Anatolia region 3. Aegean region 4. Southeast Anatolia region
5. Central Anatolia region 6. Black Sea region
7. Marmara region